As stewards of an invaluable living plant collection, Longue Vue works to keep abreast of industry best practices. The Bartlett Tree Service inventory system meets the national guidelines and performance benchmarks for sustainable land development and maintenance laid out in the national Sustainable Sites Initiative. The creation of this site-wide tree inventory and management system positions Longue Vue as a local leader in the use of new technologies in tree conservation and maintenance. The inventory system:
- Increases staff efficiency in that tree care can be prioritized without leaving the office
- Streamlines contractors’ access to tree statistics, conservation histories, and site maps
- Creates a regularly-updated maintenance history of all trees for use by the staff, garden committee, granting organizations and donors
- Creates a digital archive of Longue Vue’s tree collection for use by researchers, horticulturalists and the general public
- Deepens Longue Vue’s connection with its visitors and stakeholders by providing remote access to tree images and data.
To view the inventory system, please click here.
Funds for this project were made possible by the Garden Study Club of New Orleans, a member of the Garden Club of America