Photography at Longue Vue
An unparalleled setting, in every season.
Longue Vue House & Gardens is a stunning backdrop for portraits of all kinds. With eight acres of gardens, 22 fountains, statues, and gorgeous live oaks, you’ll find the perfect spot to capture your memories.
See below for a list of photography packages. Click the button below any package to view pricing, availability, and more details.
*Please read the general policies and procedures at the bottom of this page before booking.*
Special Occasion Photography
Non-exclusive access to Longue Vue’s gardens + private dressing/relaxation space in the Whim House. Two-hour booking for up to six people and one photographer.
Gardens Only Photography
Non-exclusive access to Longue Vue’s gardens. Dressing space is NOT included. One-hour sessions include admission for up to six people and one photographer.
Non-exclusive access to Longue Vue’s gardens, plus exclusive use of the Pan Garden with seating area, prosecco service, and water station for up to six (6) people plus one photographer.
Professional photographers only. We offer a 90-minute Mini Sessions package for multiple short shoots over a single reservation, and a Studio for the Day package which includes the Whim House as your office + studio for a full day of photography in the gardens.
Thank you for choosing Longue Vue as the backdrop for your special memories!
Please read below for a list of policies and procedures for taking photographs at Longue Vue.
- All photography clients must check in at the Gate House located in the Entrance Court of Longue Vue. If you have reserved Special Occasion Photography, a Longue Vue representative will provide access to the Whim House.
- Advance reservations and payment are required to guarantee photography credentials. The required photography badge can be picked up by the photographer in the Gate House upon arrival.
- All professional photography is by credential only. Clients are responsible for providing their own photographer; Longue Vue does not employ a professional photographer.
- Photographers will be granted one set of credentials; multiple photographers require additional fees. Upon receipt of photography credentials, you will have non-exclusive access to all eight acres of the Longue Vue gardens.
Garden Photography bookings versus Special Occasion Photography bookings:
- Wardrobe changes are allowed only with Special Occasion Photography packages and are not allowed in the public restrooms of Longue Vue.
- Walk-up sessions and same-day payments are accepted based on availability and include an additional $25 fee. Walk-up sessions are for gardens access only; no dressing area can be provided if not booked and paid in advance.
- Garden Photography is allowed Monday through Saturday, 9:30AM to 4:45PM.
- Special Occasion Photography is available Monday through Friday, 9:30AM to 4:45PM.
Rescheduling and special requests:
- All reservations are non-refundable. In the case of rain or inclement weather, Longue Vue will reschedule sessions based upon availability. One complimentary reschedule is included in your reservation. Subsequent reschedule requests are subject to a $25 administrative fee. Please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice if you would like to reschedule to avoid a rescheduling fee.
- Sessions with more than six people at a time require a venue rental; please email contact Laren Holzer at email@example.com to inquire.
Restrictions and prohibited items:
- We ask that you not enter mulched areas or planting beds; please also refrain from picking any flowers or fruit, or standing on any furniture.
- Smoking, amplified music, glitter or confetti, and latex balloons are prohibited.
- Large photo props or set items are not permitted on-site.
- Photography in the main house is not allowed.
- We do not allow the use of drones for photography purposes at Longue Vue.
- We do not allow large buses to enter the property. We allow 23 passenger mini vans and sprinter vans.
- Please note that visitors may also be enjoying the gardens and be considerate of our guests when staging your photos.
For any questions about the policies above or booking questions, please contact Christine Brignac at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For special requests or custom arrangements regarding filming, interior photography, or commercial packages, please contact Laren Holzer at email@example.com.