A birthday they’ll remember.
Birthdays at Longue Vue are full of
fun, adventure, and learning!
Guests of all ages can enjoy the unique beauty and outdoor fun in the half-acre children’s Discovery Garden. Guests can dig for worms, design a garden, chase bugs and butterflies, and interact with the vegetable beds.
Garden Birthday Parties are available Saturdays and Sundays at 10AM and 2PM. Please note that Longue Vue is closed to the public on Sundays. Celebrations booked on Sundays are more private, but do not include garden admission for the entire day.
You’ll have access to the Discovery Garden and Lath House (outdoor picnic seating area).
Garden Birthdays are two hours, with 60 minutes of set up before the event and 30 minutes to clean up afterwards.
Up to 35 guests, including children and their parents, can attend a Garden Birthday.
Additional guests may be added by purchasing General Admission tickets, but no more than 35 guests can fit in the Education Center, which is made available in the event of rain.
Self-led activities in the Discovery Garden include push/pull toys, digging for worms, watering cans, jumbo lawn games, or hula hoops. Our team will work with you to select the right activities for your party.
Your Longue Vue Birthday Host will also facilitate one enrichment activity of your choosing. Examples include: garden-themed craft, potted plant activity, story time, and garden scavenger hunt. Additional facilitated activities can be added for a fee.
All activities included in a Garden Birthday can be customized to match your child’s age range and interests.
- Exclusive access to the Lath House: a semi-covered picnic area with fans, sinks, and six picnic tables for eating and activities
- Non-exclusive access to the full Discovery Garden and four nearby restrooms
- Complimentary flower or seasonal vegetable seed packet, harvested at Longue Vue, for each party guest
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary admission to the Longue Vue gardens for the full day, for all guests (Sunday parties excluded)
- Your Longue Vue Birthday Host will be on-site to support you throughout the event
Longue Vue does not provide a cake; parents are welcome to bring a cake. Individualized treats may also be ordered in advance from Edith & Edgar’s Museum Cafe.
Payment in full and acceptance of site policies are required to secure a registration.
- Hosts and guests must remove any decorations or other items you bring with you for the celebration.
- Hosts may arrive up to one hour before event start time and may remain in the rented space up to 30 minutes beyond the end time. While you may visit the gardens following your celebration, a penalty fee of $100 will be assessed for event set-ups in the celebration space more than 30 minutes after the rental end time.
- Reservations are non-refundable. One complimentary reschedule is included in the reservation. Subsequent reschedule requests are subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- Please note that the cancellation and reschedule policy will not be amended based on weather, other than in the event of severe weather requiring the entire Longue Vue site to close, in which case a full refund or complimentary reschedule will be granted. In the event of rain or other inclement weather that does not require a site closure, Longue Vue will make interior space (the Education Center) available, at no additional charge.
- Clients will not have access to a refrigerator and are encouraged to bring ice chests for refrigeration needs.
- Amplified music is not permitted on site.
- Latex balloons, glitter, or confetti are not permitted on site.
- Longue Vue is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Price for a two-hour garden birthday celebration is $450. For members at the Emma Membership Level or higher, the price is $375.
Please direct any additional questions to Director of Audience Engagement Neana Collins.